Buy the Components

Finding a place to buy the components was more frustrating than anticipated. I had trouble finding a reputable vender that was willing to sell in relatively small quantities. I was also looking for a seller that was more than a virtual storefront. Did they have a warehouse, or were they just drop shipping everything direct from the manufacturer? Eventually I found ecoDirect. Their customer service was very helpful, and they were willing to sell direct to the homeowner in the exact quantities I needed.

Shipping Costs
Prepare to pay through the nose for shipping costs.  The solar panels and rails for the racking system are too large to be shipped UPS and must be shipped freight. I paid just under $450 in freight costs to ship the majority of the components to my home address.

Notice that sites like Amazon and even Home Depot appear to sell the largest components with "free" shipping (Home Depot ships to your local store). However, ecoDirect's pricing, adjusted for shipping costs, was still better than these sites.

Money Saver
In hindsight, I could have saved $90 if I shipped to a commercial address rather than my home. The church I attend is just a few miles down the street, and they even have a loading dock. I know where my delivery address will be for any future freight orders!